The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, the largest paediatric centre in NSW, is world-renowned for its high quality, specialised treatment of sick children.
Part of the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network, it provides specialist care for children from around Australia and across the Pacific Rim as well as community education, advocacy for improved child health and ground-breaking research into childhood illnesses, all in a positive, caring and healing environment.
Founded in 1880, The Children’s Hospital at Westmead is a public hospital and registered charity, with 3,000 staff across 150 departments looking after 70,000 sick children and their families each year. This includes 29,000 inpatient admissions, 52,000 emergency department presentations and more than 960,000 outpatient visits.
The Hospital is home to the NSW Paediatric Burns Unit, the Paediatric Liver Transplant Unit, the National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance, the NSW Newborn Screening Service and National Poisons Information Centre, as well as the first Paediatric Tumour Bank in the southern hemisphere.
Research is one of the key ways in which the Hospital provides the highest standard of care to sick children and their families. The Kids Research Institute leads research into childhood diseases, resulting in significant advances in the treatment of cancer, obesity, kidney, heart and respiratory illnesses, diabetes and muscular dystrophy.
Funded by the NSW Government, The Children’s Hospital at Westmead provides significant extra services thanks to the generosity of individual and corporate donors.
HOW YOUR DONATIONS HELP
Every dollar you donate to The Children’s Hospital at Westmead goes towards helping save and improve the lives of those most vulnerable – our sick children.
With its specialist care and ground-breaking research into childhood illnesses, the Hospital, which was established more than 130 years ago, has 3,000 staff working in 150 departments and 70,000 children to care for each year.
Your donations will help:
- Provide life-saving care to thousands of sick children every year
- Fund ground-breaking research into the causes and cures of childhood illnesses.
- Employ the best specialist staff
- Establish vital support services for families in their greatest time of need
- Buy state-of-the-art medical equipment and technology
- Ensure we continue our reputation for being one of the leading children’s hospitals in the world
However big or small, your donation could potentially be life-saving. So you can help make a difference.
- $12 could buy a book or a toy for a child who has a life threatening condition
- $19.55 could pay for a child with a severe speech impediment or cleft palate to have a speech therapy session
- $33.68 could pay for a child to benefit from play therapy for one hour
- $42 could pay for a family whose child is critically ill to have one night’s accommodation
- $115.11 could pay for three children to see the specialist in their field
- $1,000 could buy a wheelchair for a child with an injury
- $1,750 could allow us to translate one of our fact sheets into a community language
- $89,995 could pay a Senior Researcher’s salary for one year allowing them to conduct research into life saving treatments
The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, and especially our sick children and their families, greatly appreciate your donation.
CARE NOW AUSTRALIA
Phone 02 9845 3367
Yes, it has been 20 years since we founded MERIMNA, our Greek non profit organization for the care of children and families who encounter serious illness and death experiences. During these years we have made a social contribution that no...read more
USA Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota is one of the largest children’s health care organization in the U.S.A, with 381 staffed beds at its two hospital campuses in St. Paul and Minneapolis. An independent, not-for-profit health...read more
RUSSIA Type of service offered: - Advocacy - Campaigning/lobbying - Community palliative care services - Counselling/bereavement - Family support - Help/Information/advice - Public awareness - Research Contact Phone: +7 (499)...read more
INDIA Editor's Note: Support for Think Foundation is kindly provided courtesy of the Amit Iyer Memorial Foundation. Think Foundation is a not-for-profit organization, registered under Section 25 (1) of the Companies Act, 1956 and...read more
ITALY Everyone has a right to the best quality of life possible. Everyone deserves to be cared for, even if a cure is not possible. What do we want? We want to improve the knowledge and the culture of palliative care. We want that everyone,...read more
INTERNATIONAL VISION To live in a world where children’s palliative care is acknowledged and respected as a unique service, and every child and young person with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions and their families can receive the...read more
MALAYSIA Hospis Malaysia is a charitable organisation that offers professional Palliative Care to patients who are suffering from life-limiting illness, and who live within Klang Valley. Care extended by Hospis Malaysia transcends age,...read more
AUSTRALIA Palliative Care Australia is the peak national organisation representing the interests and aspirations of all who share the ideal of quality care at the end of life. Specialist palliative care providers have specialist knowledge,...read more